At Geraldine Dooley Physiotherapy, we assess the injuries that limit your ability to move and perform functional activities in your daily lives. Our aim is to restore maximum movement and function, and treat and manage your pain using a wide range of manual therapies, electrophysical modalities including heat, cold, electrotherapy, exercise prescription, education in the prevention of injuries, orthoses and other interventions.
Some of the common conditions we treat include:
- Back pain including Sciatica
- Neck pain including whiplash.
- Joint pain and stiffness.
- Sports Injury Rehabilitation including strains and sprains.
- Pre and post-operative Rehabilitation.
- Bells (facial) Palsy.
Acupuncture originally developed as an element of Traditional medicine (TCM). Chinese medical theory is based on the belief that energy known as “qi” flows through the body’s tissues and organs along a network of invisible channels called meridians. This energy regulates all physical, emotional and mental processes. Imbalances or blockages in an individual’s qi result in illness. The goal of Acupuncture is to restore balance and harmony in the body by inserting fine needles into particular points on the meridians to control the flow of qi. Some common symptoms or conditions for which acupuncture has been proved to be an effective treatment include:
- Low back pain.
- Neck pain.
- Joint pain including frozen shoulder.
- Allergic rhinitis (including hay fever), Sinusitis.
- Headache and migraine
- Induction of labour
- Correction of malposition of foetus
- Morning sickness
- Postoperative pain
- Renal colic
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Tennis elbow
- Bronchitis, Coughs, Asthma, Pneumonia, Flu and Common cold
- Angina, palpitations and other heart problems
- Depression, Anxiety and Panic Attacks
- Stress, Emotional problems and Addictions
- Skin problems
- Stomach problems.
- Tinnitus, earache
- Facial palsy, facial pain
- Fatigue and tiredness
- Dizziness, Vertigo.
- Tennis elbow, carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Menstrual problems including period pain, Hot flushes, Infertility, Habitual miscarriage
Craniosacral therapy (CST), with its root’s in Osteopathy, is a light-touch therapy that enhances the body’s natural capacity for healing. The Craniosacral Therapist encourages the body to release at it has been unable to overcome on its own. CST can be used on it’s own or combined with other therapies such as Physiotherapy or Acupuncture. CST is effective for a wide variety of problems such as:
- Migraine and headache.
- Chronic neck and back pain, including Sciatica and whiplash.
- Orthopaedic problems.
- Chronic fatigue.
- Fibromyalgia and other connective tissue
- Temporomadibular joint syndrome.
- Head trauma.
- post surgical dysfunction and scar tissue.
- Stress and tension related problems.
- Frozen shoulder
- Old injuries
- Breastfeeding difficulties.
- Digestive issues eg. reflux, colic, constipation, gas etc.
- “Fussy” babies or babies with a high pitched cry
- Sleep difficulties
- Babies who experienced a fast, long or difficult birth
- Babies with clicks in hips/shoulders or lack of movement
- middle ear infections
- Developmental delays
- Behavioural changes,
- Chronic pain